Monday, May 12, 2008

results

Most of you have probably heard by now about Morgan's test results. My Internet has been out of commission for a few days so I am behind on posting.

Every thing was normal! Whoohoo! Praise the Lord! I was a bit worried about it.....just a little. Now she just needs to talk with a psychologist to dismiss any thing else that could be going on in that brilliant mind of her's. Then we will start her on medication for ADD.

The girl is soooo smart. She got her reading and math TAKS results back. Reading was almost commended and math(the subject that she struggles so much in) she tested above average.

She has been having trouble sleeping the last 2 and a half weeks. I think that she is trying extremely hard to focus and do well in school (and life in general) that she gets worked up and cannot winddown. That her mind is so wound up that when it comes time to rest and relax...she can't. The pediatritian told me to give her Benadryl before bed for 3 or 4 days to get her in the "habbit" of going to sleep earlier. It has knocked her out but when I don't give it to her she is wide awake until 11 or 12 at night. I guess her body didn't get the "habbit". Any suggestions? We have cut out the sugar and caffeine before bedtime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea!! You're back on! She must have caught sleep problems from her Grandma. How about having her run a couple of laps around the block after she gets home from school? I keep thinking maybe physical exercise will help me. Maybe it will help her. Oh dear - if it works for her that means I'll have to get up and get going. What a thrill to hear those test scores.
Susan