Monday, August 25, 2008

School

Today was the first day of public school. It felt strange not taking Morgan. We are going to begin homeschooling after Labor Day. I am in the process of buying her curriculum. I know that I should have had it all together a month ago but all of this is a little over whelming. Especially being our first year and not really knowing the in's and out's of all of it.

You wouldn't believe
he curriculum options out there. I went to the home school convention a few weeks ago and there were about 200 vendors. Too expensive for us. I also went to the 1/2 Price Book Store and was soooo excited about all of the choices but couldn't narrow any thing down. I have been to Mardel's a few times and am like a kid in a candy store. If I won the lottery, I would definitely hit that store.


I spent about 1 hour and 20 minutes in there. I finally bought a science workbook, Math book, a music book for a friend, and a teacher's lesson planner. Oh, and an assortment of colored pens so that I can color code our calendar for the school year. With 1 homeschooler and 2 preschoolers I needed a calendar so I won't forget any thing.

I need to get on the ball and figure out what other things I want to teach her this year.

I went to her old school today to check her out. I was told they don't do that any more. When I told her she would be home schooled I had to sign a form. The attendance lady said that she would just be considered a "no show". I am concerned about that because of truancy. I don't want a truant officer showing up at my house because they think that she JUST isn't going to school. Hopefully they don't misplace the form.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

ohhh...colored pens and a planner! Go crazy and good luck!

Loy said...

I knew you would get excited about those......I do too.