Friday, April 10, 2009

dating all over again

Todd and I have been together over 13 years now. So ,you know, the spark is pretty much a fizzle. After 4 kids there isn't much time for romance or couple time. We really didn't put forth an effort to turn off the parenting and focus on husband and wife time. Our marriage was stalled and uneventful. Don't get me wrong, we love each other but we were stuck in a rut!

We have decided that we need more communication of what each others' needs are. We are talking more and putting forth the effort for each other. Making sure the other feels important and spending more time together. It's like we are dating again. We did have dinner and a trip to WalMart last weekend...alone. I know, WalMart isn't that romantic but it was nice to just be together.

Susan and I went shopping this morning and Todd kept the kids. Thanks Susan for taking me and being my fashion consultant. My hubby is making sure that he takes the kiddos for me every once in a while so that I can unwind. After I got home my nephew returned Todd's call to confirm babysitting tonight. Wow, 2 weekend nights in a row. How did I deserve that?

Well, I better get some house work done before my "hot" date tonight. Anybody jealous?*grin*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such a fun "doll-baby" to dress up! I'm excited about your date tonight. You guys have a great time.