Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On Facebook of all places

Before I got out of bed this morning I had my quiet time. I have struggled with forgiving for about a year now. I just can't seem to let this go with this person. My head knows that I am to forgive as God does but my heart is bitter toward this person and what was done to me. So that was at the top of my prayer time. I desperately want to let this go because it is hindering my relationship with my Lord. I can't grow in my faith if this isn't resolved. Some times I feel consumed by it. I don't want to feel this way any more.

I asked God to give me a verse for what is going on with my forgiving. What is His take on all of this mess. I got up from bed and went on with my day not thinking that He would get back to me right then. You know that it could take some time when God is working on us.*grin*

Around noon I got on Facebook to check on everyone and my messages. As I am scanning over posts my eyes catch a phrase. "Has anyone hurt you???" Now usually I skip over that stuff but it was from a Christian site so I bit and went to the page. OMgoodness, as I read I knew that God had given me my verse. ON FACEBOOK OF ALL PLACES!!

"There is only one law giver and judge, the One who is able to save and destroy." James 4:12

Now the scenario of how that person was hurt was completely different than mine but the feelings were the same. As a christian, I know I am to forgive but my heart is not wanting to because of my hurt. It is not my place to judge this person or their actions. It is not my place to be judge, jury and executioner. That is then my sin!! I need to hand this over to God to handle and ask for mercy on that person. That is when my heart and head will connect to forgive.

Wow, I never thought in a million years that I would hear from God on Facebook. LOL. It is true that HE is every where but I have to chuckle about this one.

No comments: