Wednesday, April 16, 2008

sleepy kids...and mommy

Listen.....do you hear that???

SILENCE.

I never thought in all my years before children that silence could be golden. If you're a mom or have even babysat, you know what I am talking about. For those who don't know me I work in the childcare area at a church. So when I am there I may not have my kids but I do have others. Well, I worked this morning until 12 and then came home with the 3 youngest kids to have lunch. Addy was asleep before we got out of the parking lot so I put her to bed as soon as we were in the door. I made lunch while my twinkies(twins) ran around the house like wild indians. Finally got them to calm down to a dull roar while eating. Then the bickering starts. "Mom, Payton moved my raisins." "No, I didn't." Me- "Payton, don't touch your brother's food. Jacob, quit tattling." Does any of this sound familair or is it just me???

After much playing and less eating, I tell them it is time to rest. They actually have to nap today because I am working tonight which makes bedtime later. I do not want to have cranky, tired kids at church. naps for everyone. Which starts the next drama of the day.....

I told Payton she could lay in our bed since I knew they wouldn't actually fall asleep if they were in the same room. So she decides to throw a screaming, kicking, hyperventilating fit!! You know the kind where she just can't catch her breathe and you can tell that she is still trying to scream. Mind you Addy is sleeping in the next room. This so unlike my Princess Payton.She is normally the compliant one. After realizing that she wasn't going to get her way she quieted down. I told her good night and left the room.

You're asking what about Jacob. He went to potty and got into his bed. No argument out of him today. He wasn't going to get into trouble. That was 5 minute ago and I haven't heard a word or sound from either of them.

Naptime for Mommy now......hopefully.

No comments: