Saturday, September 20, 2008

can you hear that??

It's silence!! My wonderful, fabulous Mother in law, Susan came over and took 4 of the 6 kids to the mall. They were going to the museum and to ride the carousel. We have had 10 people at our house since last Sunday. 6 kids and 4 adults. My sister and her family have been out of electricity since IKE. My other sister and her family are roughing it too. I ran out of space for any more people.

So you can imagine how crowded and stir crazy it has been over here. So Susan, who is awesome, called and told me that she would take ALL the kids today. I wouldn't do that to her and neither would my sis, Shelly. My nephew,18, went to work with his dad and Addison stayed with us. I wanted some time with her alone, without the other kiddos. But that hasn't worked out because she has been sleeping since every one else left. She needs to catch up on her rest though, so I am letting her sleep.

This is much needed for all of us, including the kids. We were all getting on each others' nerves. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH SUSAN, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet words - I enjoyed being with the kids and seeing some of your family. And glad you experienced some much needed quiet!