Saturday, November 8, 2008

can't win for losin'

I am once again reading Creative Correction. It has been quite a few years since the first go around. Then I was a young mom, in a different stage of heart and mind. I thought that there was no way any of Lisa's ideas would work so I didn't stick with it.

I realized, lately, that all I seem to be doing correction wise with the kids is spanking, time out, and screaming because I am at my wits end. I needed a change and fast. So I decided to give it another try and have an open mind and be more diligent in applying some of her ideas. I really have enjoyed reading and I actually like some of what she says. So whenever I get a chance I try to implement an idea of hers.

We were cleaning up before Todd got home Friday night. I told the kids that if there were any wet towels left on the floor and I found it, the slacker would wash towels the next day. It sounds good, doesn't it?

Well, after the younger ones bath tonight I went by J's room and spotted his wet towel. I casually announce that I see something on the floor that doesn't belong. P comes running down the hall with another towel yelling, "I didn't put mine up. Can I wash towels tomorrow?!" She was genuinely excited about the thought.

O.K. did I miss something in the book? Todd said to take advantage of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That made me laugh out loud! So who got the honor of washing towels? You didn't know you had it so good when you got to do all that laundry.